Thursday, January 31, 2008

Tribute to Dr. Knelson

Dr. Knelson was my childhood pediatrician. He was a wonderful person and excellent doctor. I went to him for as long as I could, probably until I started college. One memory about Dr. K that stands out in my mind is how he would tell the same story to the nurse that was in the room every time I came in. You see, Dr. K came to Carteret County in 1978 and I believe it was around the beginning of July. I was born at the end of July 1978 and he would always point out to his nurses that I was one of his first patients. Since then, he has cared for thousands of children and I'm sure they are all as fond of him as I. He touched many people in his life and he will always be remembered for that! My sister-in-law, Brenda has worked with Dr. Knelson for the past 6 years and she stated it perfectly in an email she sent me on the day he passed away. She said that she was sure he is rejoicing in Heaven today and suffering no longer. I know that the coming weeks will be very hard for Brenda and her colleagues as they face the office without him, but I'm sure he will always be there in spirit continuing to watch over the children of Carteret County. Dr. Knelson will definitely be missed!---Danielle Banks